• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas Brand Line

Capt'nJosh

Question

9 answers to this question

I purchased a roll of their monofilament pro line last spring and have not been dissapointed, works just as well as the berkely trielen i normally use and it is only $6.99 for 2400 yards.

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.

I also have tried the cabelas brand line. I found it to be good. The price is the factor for me. It's probably as good as most mono out there. I like the fact if you buy multiple spools you get a buck off for each spool.

Good Luck,scotty

Cabela's Ripcord SI is on my catfish & muskie reels and I think it's the best things since sliced bread. It's a little pricey, but not really. I've had the same line on for 3-4 years now and I just clip off about 5-10 feet whenever needed. It is the best braided super line I've used.

Power Pro is my line of choice in the super braids. Threw a lot of heavy hardware and wood with Power Pro last summer without a miss-hap. Used Rip Cord the summer before and the stuff broke too many times thowing the same stuff. No, the knots did not break, and yes I'm anal about checking line and guides for knicks. I'm convinced it was the quaility of the line. Now that being said, it's certainly possible that I just happened to get a bad spool of line. If that is true then one still has to raise the question about quality control. Just my humble opinion.

Have any of you guys tried Ande. I have found it to be a pretty good line with not as much memory (once wet) as other lines. And it is reasonably priced also. Another line is Techten. I am not sure of the spelling, but this is one of the advanced mono lines with a small diameter. I have used this on my walleye rigs both summer and winter. Low strech and being smaller diameter it gets deeper for trolling around those submerged breaks. This line I really like. I have not see it in the Cabela's or Bass Pro shop catalog this spring.