• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

m68c - are they all lowrance claims them to be?

joshb

Question

i am really interested in the m68c, my main concern is to make the step up to a good fish locator - i'm tired of cheap finders that pick up clutter and no fish. do the m68c's (lowrance finders in general) mark and seperate fish/structure well?. also i like them because they combine so much into one unit, but if it isn't a good finder for the open water i'd rather just spend my money on just a finder, not a combo. it will be mainly used on rivers and smaller lakes in the summer and occasionally on the ice, so i think it should have plenty of power. i'm curious if the color in the lowrance is similar to the color on the vex?, - does it define in the same way?. i'm just hoping to get a finder that isn't just used for depth.......one that helps me see fish.

and i don't want to hear no "oh.. but it is gonna freeze" dump.

thanks for the input.....the more the better!

josh b

2 answers to this question

I have been using my m68 for a couple of months. I wish I had some feedback on soft water. I bought this unit for that exact reason. Alot in one unit. I fished last weekend in 36 ft. It definitely marked fished. i would not have caught the 50+ crappies without it, or found the spot without the GPS. I love the color. Five different colors to indicate size and location. I have one issues with it. Check out a previous post of mine. "Lowrance x67/m68". Other than that I really like it. Fished in the house with a FL 18. We both believe the m68 out performed the 18. The true test will be the soft water. Before Lowrance turned them into the Icemachine, they were strictly for softwater. Someone should have some experience with them.

well i picked up my new m68c about an hour ago........i can honestly say i am blown away by this rig. i had no idea that it had the names of lakes, or the highways in it............amazing. i was not sure about the screen size but the color screen really helps visability. it hasn't seen the water yet but so far it is great, can't imagine the on the water performance would be lacking.