• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Voyager

bgfish00

Question

6 answers to this question

Ive had a votager for 2 years. Great for comfort,fishability, but it is very heavy. It is not good for pulling by hand and you need a ramp or 2 people to get it in the truck (unless its empty). I wish I had gotten a smaller and lighter one.

Brian

I have had my Voyager for 4+ years. I do agree with BDR. They are comfortable and easy to set up and are hard to pull by hand in snow. Bare ice - no problem. All of the flip style tents of this size will have the same hard pull and heavy downside. I can lift mine in the pickup by myself (ALMOST EMPTY). With this in mind, you will like the Voyager. As a tip: wipe the lower poles with WD 40 or Remington oil that was sprayed on a rag and enjoy that new Voyager

love mine but it has 3 problems in my opinon. 1 seats, get some with padding . mine had those old hard molded ones . i just took the mounting bracket off and put them on folding boat seats . 2nd wax the zipper, i think that otter has or did have a more heavy duty zipper. broke the zipper tabs with in the 1st month of use . 3rd . towing and hith set up . 1st the way the hitch attached i wasnt to comfortable with so i put in a small piece of plywood backing on the inside arcoss to both eye bolts. doing so spreads out some of the force to a larger area than just where the blots come thru the tub. 2nd is when pulling; i havent tried when it is not loaded down with my gear cause i certainly am not goting to fish without it . it plows the snow . it is some what better with majority of the weght place in the back( non hich )side of the tub . still plows thou. i am looking for the stuff i want to try to solve this problem with and will post my fix for it when i do .lastly with hitch on the snow flap dosent lay flat and need to have extra snow to seal that area.
other than the the above it is a great house . i can lift it to the truck myself without the auger ,heater set up,and lighting system i use.the way the this years model seats are set up i dont think i could thou.

[This message has been edited by rockhardinmn (edited 02-10-2004).]

bgfish00- when i was buying a new portable i looked at the fish trap and the otter sled. i found that the otter was a lot more durable and more heavy duty. if you look at the sleds you'll see the difference. i ended up buying the otter resort and love it. the bench is also nice because it does have padding. th bench folds down and you can stand a good 4-5 buckets and your heater on one side. also your auger sits nicely on top. i highly recommend the otter.