• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

siding on permanent house??

DCON

Question

I am planning on building a 10 x 20 on the big pond this spring and was wondering about siding options. I thought about wood, then vinyl, but am leaning towards pole barn siding. Does anyone have any ideas or do's or dont's on using metal siding? Will i have problems with frosting, or moisture problems? I'm assuming its not gonna be much different than the permanents on wheels that use aluminum siding. What about insulation? Bats or rigid?

Remember to: CROSS THEIR EYES!

2 answers to this question

I would stick with metal siding of some sort. Vinyl will get cold and brittle and will break and crack. Wood will turn rotten. So stick with the metal of some sort. We have aluminum on ours but I have seen several with pole barn steel and it works well. I myself would stick with rigid insulation because moisture won't affect it as much as bats of insulation. Good luck with it.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

My buddy has had the steel pole barn siding on his for 15 years without a problem. I put it on mine last summer and am real pleased with it. I bought it at Menards, seems like it is almost always on sale. If you go with a light color the sun will not melt your snow banking nearly as fast as if the siding is a dark color.
CH