• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flasher mounted in rear of boat?

Finlander

Question

I'me thinking about mounting my FL-8 in the rear portion of my Pro-V so I don't have to keep turning around to look at my console mounted Lowrance locator which is hard to see with polarized sun glasses.
Anybody do this to there Pro-V?
Where is the best place to mount the FL-8 so you can fish the rear seat while drift/rigging for walleyes and clearly see the locator?

3 answers to this question

Mine is mounted on a Johnny Ray and it's in my Electronics compartment in my PROV1800 Tiller.

If you have a console, I'm not familiar with your rear configuration, sorry.

------------------
Chells

Finlander I have a 1800 PROV IFS, if you're saying you sit in the seat by the main motor I don't know what else you'd do but mount it on the gunwhale just like mine are mounted up by the trolling motor. Actually, my first thought is leaving it how you use it for ice fishing (in a bag or ultra pak or whatever) and using it that way, kind of a pain but you could set it in front of the seat by your feet. Do you like sitting in the back or why don't you sit up front when you drift? I used to always sit in back and run the trolling motor from there but I've changed to sitting up front, just curious and trying to figure out how you like to fish, etc.

I'll be fishing with my son and he always sits up front while I fish the rear-most seat in the boat. He likes to sit there and I like to sit in the back, always done my best rigging for walleyes sitting there.
Was thinking about using RAM mount for the locator, that way I can put a RAM base mount on the front next to the trolling motor and one in the rear so my son can put his FL-18 there while we are rigging.
I always use my front trolling motor while drift/rigging for walleyes so I can stay on the structure. Works for me!