• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fixing the fish house canvas

Captain Ken

Question

Bought a nice used Frabill fish house the other day. Not a tear in it. Guy smoked and there was some crud on the floor. Decided to air it out. Set it up in drive way, cleaned it and left it stand where I thought it would be safe from wind. Nice strong wind came along, blew it across the street. Now, there are some nice rub holes along the one side where the material goes over the frame. Biggest is about 3 inches. Couple smaller ones too.

How best to fix it? Some aren't like simple tears, so can't just sew it. Needs a little material added in....can take to canvas guy, but probably $$$.
Friend suggested gluing piece of new material around areas, but what kind of glue??

Ideas?

Thanks!

Ken

------------------
Captain Ken Kessler
www.captainken.com
www.muskieschool.com
Guiding in Illinois and North East Minnesota
847-970-9108 Illinois
218-742-4680 Minnesota

5 answers to this question

All you need is Tear mender. Canvas, and a pair of scissors.

Tear mender is sold at Mills Fleet Farm and some canvas shops.

Bring the house inside to get it to room temperature. Cut the canvas patches with rounded edges. Patch on both sides if neccessary and follow the directions on the bottle of Tear Mender.

Thanks guys. Will make a trip to FF for Tear Mender. Appreciate it. Once I get them fixed, I'll be less irritated at myself smile.gif

Ken

------------------
Captain Ken Kessler
www.captainken.com
www.muskieschool.com
Guiding in Illinois and North East Minnesota
847-970-9108 Illinois
218-742-4680 Minnesota