• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Senko's vs. Senko look a likes

Captain B.R.K

Hey Slyster,

Did you get a chance to try the hand poured Senko's I sent you?

BTW- Salt is on the outside of a bait only to keep it from sticking to the other baits. Salt is mixed into the plastic for weight ( makes it sink). If your knock offs float, then they have no salt like the real senko

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep! Did you get my email that I loved them! They worked very well.. seem to sink a bit fast than senkos.. not a bad thing to spice up the action a bit.. caught probably 4 or 5 bass on the very dark senkos. Didn't try the other baits yet.

Hey! Got my Bass Pro shop "Stik-O's" today... WOW! Unreal. VERY cheap too.. very durable and super flexible. (I only got the 'lites' today since the regulars are on back order).. but geeze I think these things will be as good or better than Gary's Senkos. Certainly cheaper.. like 1/5th the price. Packs of 20.

Also am going to try out those Cabelas "Aqua-glo" sticks.. they look nummy as well.

I've figured out the difference between the regular bass pro shop 'senkos' and the 'lite' version. The lites look just the same.. they just sink VERY slow.. much slower than regular senkos

I did a little testing at a family reunion on Saturday. It was hot and windy, so my son and I went to the south shorline to fish docks and shade. I rigged an original watermelon red flake Senko. It was a blast. The bass were small, but they loved it. The sunfish loved it too. I even caught a sunnie with a 5" Senko that I wacky rigged after both ends wore out. Now the news...I decided to stop wasting originals and I put on a local Bait & Tackle bulk clone (with the hook groove) in the same color. I didn't catch anything in 10 minutes. I had to quit and race back for family stuff. Not an exhaustive test, but interesting. With the Senko the sunnies & 10" bass drilled it when it hit the water. The clone...nada. Go figure.

I need to try that test again one day. For now...I'm going to seriously consider another pack or two of originals and save the clones for back up.

Being from Alex, I'm pretty sure I know the clones you talk about. Give it some time.....I'm pretty sure you won't be unhappy with the production you'll get with those "clones". I've used em' a couple of times now and have gotten into some bass. I would say as many fish caught with the "clones" as I would have the original senko.

PLUS you could have been fishing some unproductive docks or areas with the "clones". The best way to find out your success rate with both you'll want to go to an area where you know you can get bass and try em' both out.

Then I'd like to see what your test results are.

Good Luck!

I feel a key feature that must be replicated in the clones is the flexibility. Senko's are very flexible.. and move a lot in the water.. some clones I've tried are really stiff. Stik-os are just as, or more, flexible than senkos. But anything works really.

You're right. We just kept moving east and the docks could have been barren. The originals do sink faster though. They are also softer. I think the softness allowed me to actually hook the sunfish. Come to think of it...that not good is it! grin.gif

I will try this experiment again. Side by side, same color, hook, and line when I am on fish.

I am having fun with these things! When I quit bass fishing about six years ago I was using sluggos a lot. My experience was a love/hate thing, but I think a trend was started by the sluggo.