• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Senko's vs. Senko look a likes

Captain B.R.K

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldTyme if your fishing in any kind of current or cover your gonna want to use your baitcaster but respool it with Power pro

also for your question if bass are goot to eat? NO they carry lots of diseases and body parts might fall off after eating one of these fish!

LoL. I gotcha. I bet they aren't TOO bad smile.gif

I haven't kept any fish yet this year so no worrys about me keeping fish.

I just got back from my 1st attempt at using the Senko. Caught one 12 incher and that was it in about 3 hours. Was a tough day. 80 degrees at 4:30 in the morning. Then mother nature came along & made everyone leave.

But. I did catch one.... they do work.

Now to check out this "Power Pro" everyone (river rat) is raving about. laugh.gif

(edit: I thought this was funny so I took a picture. You'll have to click to see it. Some fish wanna grow up so quickly smile.gif LOL )

georgewilson025large2gk.th.jpg

One more edit: I was suprised at how the color of the senko "came alive" in the water. The watermelon color lightened up while the red really came through.

Also, no one answered my hookset question, do you really not set the hook using these?

Ok. You're right Deitz. I went back to my link (see last post page 3), it was from yamamoto HSOforum but they were talking about another rig. Ok. So it's rippin' lips then lol.

Thanks for all of FMs efforts. Which Indiana had a something like this.

Edit: I went back & looked at that picture from earlier. Look at the tail (I'm assuming everyone can see the fish there), it looks chartreuse in that picture. Hmm. Now I see why my dark colored heads w /char tail tubes work so well.

I need a chartreuse senko now. wink.gif

(heres a supersized pic if you can't see the fish smile.gif )

georgewilson0252du.th.jpg

I bought 100 'senkos' on hsolist.. "Voodoo Lures" brand.. I found them to be a bit more durable than the real thing.. but they sink much faster... I didn't like that fact. But I still caught a number of bass on them. They were more like 10 cents per worm compared to 60 cents per worm for true Gary Senkos.

Just bought some YUM sinking minnows today.. will try them tomorrow.

With the amazing posts of SENKOS (AND COPIES) I am surprised how few of them there are at Gander or Fleet Farm. Very small selection and many colors are bought out... frown.gif

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods in Minnetonka this afternoon - they had two colored Senko's in stock. I'm referring to the original Gary senko's... they had the Christmas color and plain 'ol black. Not very exciting. I cannot find these things in stock anywhere. Not I ever buy very many since I can't really afford the originals... but you're right, it just seems like NO ONE has them in stock.

Well, from what everyone else is saying about finding them in stock, the Gander Mountain in Baxter sounds like they have a better selection than most. We have sold out of some colors. But still have quite a few left. So if you're in need of more and you're in the area, stop in and pick some up!

Aaron

Or go online! Bass Pro Shop has like 40 colors. I just ordered 100 "bubblegum" senkos clones (Stik-o)- I love that color but it's one I just have never seen except for the 3 packs I bought a month ago.. and they are all dead.

While your at it.. a seller on hsolist has rubber o-rings for 4-6" Senkos.. 100 for $4.50 no shipping charges.

Even Thorne Brothers scratced their heads when I asked if they carry O-rings for Senkos.. they hadn't ever heard of that. That place seems to be bigger on muskies than bass from the looks of things. Cool store.

I'm telling you guys, I got a hot tip in previous posts on the Christopherson senko look alikes! I would definately purchase them over anything else in the stores. 10 packs for $1.49 in all sizes and colors! Granted their colors are not the same as Yamamoto's, but they work just the same.

100 packs for $14.99. Shoot, I can buy 30 (10packs for $5.99 for real senko's) for that price!

Definately a great option for you senko lovers!

Quote:

Well, from what everyone else is saying about finding them in stock, the Gander Mountain in Baxter sounds like they have a better selection than most.

Ummm... where is Baxter??? heh heh... confused.gifblush.gif

Quote:

Or go online! Bass Pro Shop has like 40 colors.

Rats! I always forget about that Bass Pro Shops! *grr!* I've got the O-Rings from hsolist. Good deal there. I need to go to Bass Pro Shops and get some of those Stick O's! Just outta curiosity - which model Stick-O are you using?? I noticed they have the 'lite' model, too?

Thanks Slyster! smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Well, from what everyone else is saying about finding them in stock, the Gander Mountain in Baxter sounds like they have a better selection than most.

Ummm... where is Baxter??? heh heh... confused.gifblush.gif

Zoku,

Baxter is right next to Brainerd. It's basically just part of Brainerd on its western border. The Gander Mountain in Baxter is right on 371 (west side) on your way north. If you're familiar with the area, it's where the old Wal-Mart used to be located.

Aaron

I bought a bunch of VOODOO baits "senkos" (I forget what they call them) and they worked GREAT today!! Held up much better than the read thing.. No difference in the number of hits. I haven't seen Voodoo baits before.. and just recently found them at Thorne Bros.

Quote:

I bought a bunch of VOODOO baits "senkos" (I forget what they call them) and they worked GREAT today!!

There goes another one I'll have to track down.

How was the fall rate compared to the real thing? Still slow?

I have tried most of them and like some and dislike some. Some of the ones on hsolist can be ok and some suck. You can get 50 of them for about $10.00 on hsolist

I like the cabellas nock offs the best. They are working great for me this year. I dont care for the yum dingers. It seems like all the salt sits on the outside of the bait like a pretzel. Once its in the water for a while it all falls of. Also they are to hard not limber enough.

I found some at gander called black majic plastics. They work ok but the selection was very poor and they where a little to plastic.

Yes they do, they are called aqua-glow glow sticks.

On there HSOforum go to fishing click on worms in the softplastic heading. Then your first option is the cabelas aqua glow colecetion. When you click on it they will have about 5 different kinds of aqua glow items. One of witch is the glow stick. They are 3.00 per 10 pack. I love the purple with gold flake color. The five inch are about the best, six is a little to bulky.

They had them on sale for 1.99 per 10 in there spring sale catalog. I stocked up then and im already all out of the 5" ones. Time to reorder online I guess. Plus they have a very nice garlic flavor that my wife says she can smell on my hands when I get home. I used to sneek out for a quick hour of fishing without her knowing, but with those strong smelling worms she busts me every time.

Let me know if you find it or not. ff

This post is really interesting. I just started using these "senko" type baits this year. I started using YUM Dingers and killed the fish with them. After awhile I had decided to buy some actual Senkos, I used them for awhile and didn't catch nearly as many fish as I did with the Dingers. Needless to say, I went back to the Dingers. I am not sure what the price is on the senkos but I like to use the 6" dingers and they are $5 for a 7 pack. I have been looking for something else since I have been spending way too much on these. I am gonna have to buy a few different kinds and see the differences for myself.

Slyster, I think the cabelas ones might be these aqua glows...10 for $3, might be worth a try.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166&rid=&indexId=cat600384&navAction=push&navCount=7&parentType=index&parentId=cat600384&id=0030687

Also, I found this place online that sells some bulk plastics....I wonder if they are any good.

http://www.bigbagbaits.com/ 50 for $15.

I wonder if there are any other places online that sell bulk????