• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Captain B.R.K

Senko's vs. Senko look a likes

I have been using the Gander Mountain house brand and they have been every bit as productive as the Senko's only not so pricey.

kanami baits are also the exact same bait as the gary yamamoto senko. They are priced at a buck less a bag but have limited colors and cheaper packaging. I use originals when fishing tourneys for the reasons mentioned above. I also rig them backwards after they get torn and have just as good results (this is the only way they are cost effective). Christopherson bait in alexandria has their own imitation bait line. They seem to work great and they are my bait of choice when I'm prefishing for just out having fun.

they sink! i have started using them inplace of the chompers due to durablity. i've been doing well with both.

Ding Ding Ding

Christophersons has 100 packs for 15 bucks.

And I have many, many of them.

They are not as heavy as the Original Senko, but you know what??? I don't care. They have worked AWESOME for me.

BLB, I was just up at the cabin in Alex and Christophersons had the 100 pack for 9.99! 10 packs go for 1.49

Its in Alexandria.

No online store.

Call them and they will mail you a pamphlet with their plastics.

I have ordered them, and they'll pack em up and ship them to you. I think I had 300 mailed out last year, and shipping was 5 or 6 bucks.

I also buy their brush hogs in bulk, If your a bassfisherman I think this is the best bait/tackle store in MN. They also have a great muskie selection. They beat any store I've been into from Fargo to St. Cloud.

BLB- What would you compare those Christopherson plastic's too? YUM? CHOPPERS?

Are they similar to the Yamamoto's?

OH- by the way - there is a guy that creates his own plastics (don't have the name) and Cabin Fever down in Victoria stocks em'.

Anyone use those yet?

They are similar to the Senko's.

Captain;

I've tried those one's from cabin fever. They're alright, I still prefer comida's or dinger's over them but I buy them every once in a while to support the guy and cabin fever, and also if I need some cheap senko type bait for just going out and fishing. If money is on the line however I use the others.

~Matt Jung

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be down to Cabin Fever this weekend to shoot my bow and plan to pick up a pack or two to see how they work out. I'm hoping to find some comida's soon..... Where do you find the comida's?

Though I'd be interested to hear more about those Christopherson baits. 100 pack for $15 bucks.....that's a deal!

BRK.....

The Comidas have yet to get to the marketplace, but very soon! The beauty of the Comida not only lies in the salt content of the bait itself, but also in the durablity of these.

I'm not much on bass, but last night I went to a sandpit full of bass and threw a comida hooked wacky and caught eight on it before the bugs got me. I have never fished anything "wacky" before, but the fish sure did take to them. But I thought that the eight fish coming off one bait was pretty decent. I know that the senco has a very short lifespan after the hookset.

BRK....send me an e-mail.

I spent a good long day with plastics today... did well.. 25 bass... and here's take.

I used two plastics.. genuine Senko's and Zoom trick worms (not the same bait.. but very similar... around 7")... I figure both caught close to the same number of fish.. I preferred the way the Senko's acted in the water.. and they sank a bit faster.. BUT.. the zoom's lasted longer for sure. I had a number of Senko's crack in the middle after one bass.. they seem a bit brittle..?

Great baits though.. I almost fish these plastics exclusively now.. Hope I am not missing out on spinners or cranks..? Tried some recently.. but tend to go right back to plastics!

I had best luck on bubblegum, white and greens.

Magic Stiks, Magic Stiks, Magic Stiks!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an old post about these products.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB57&Number=365014&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Magic%20Stiks&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=365014&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=6804&daterange=1&newerval=4&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post365014

Case Plastics makes a 5.5" Big Magic Stik that is nearly identical to the senko sink rate and they are much cheaper. Probably 9 of my 10 19"-20.5" LM Bass have came off the Big Magic Stiks this year. I already had to restock this year!

Granny

YUM Dingers 4 or 5 inch have been producing the same as the original Senkos for me. I've just started so don't have a lot to draw from, but I thought they fell a little slower. They don't cast as far but seem close to as durable as the originals. I'll probably lean on these more than the originals as they are much cheaper!

Just bought some senkos today...I'm confused by all the talk about expensive? Reasonably priced I thought.

BD

I have heard of some way of rigging with an o-ring which will help save some of the wear and tear on Senkos. Can anyone help me with this?

Trouthunter....$5.99 to 6.50 a pack for 10 is a bit expensive compared to the Yum Dingers, Kanami's and any thing else out on the market right now. Normally those other baits are $3.99-4.99 and you get 12 in a pack.

I'm gettin' some good ideas!

I did pick up a package of those senko look alikes down at Cabin Fever and used em' this past Wednesday. After 8-10 fish I decided that maybe it was time to put a new plastic on.......did I just say 8-10 fish?!?! GEez, I'm use to saying 1-2 fish with the senkos!!!!

Pretty durable plastics if you ask me!

That's kinda what I thought...I just seemed to me like one of those "drive across town to save 10 cents a gallon on gas" arguments

BRK

Are you using the split rings or rubber o-rings with the senkos when you fish wacky rigs?

Its a wise investment. It saves on those senko styles like gangbusters.

Here is a fair pic to show how to use them. Be sure to get the hook penetrated slightly into the worm, versus just putting the hook through only the o-ring like this shows. You will get MUCH longer use.

p2insideprofishingbtmay041hl.jpg

At what depth do most of you fish the senko's hooked wacky style? Just curious how deep you can fish them...

I'm totally lovin' the Senko's. I'd have to agree that the Yamamoto brand - albeit a bit pricier, still offers the best action, IMO.

I do the same thing - just rig it Texas style without the weight!!