• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger extentions

mr marbles

Question

7 answers to this question

Depends on where you go. I have seen them range in price from $15 to $30, try the strikemaster HSOforum to see what retail is then go from there. I think the cheapest i have seen is Fleet-Farm. Get one now if you are cosidering it because last Feb-March my buddy tried to get one for LOW but EVERYONE was sold out.

Dog-Eye

I've had an extension for a few years now. It's still in the bag and has never been used. Last March up in Canada on LOW, we encountered 42" of ice. With my Strikemaster, I was still able to get through without the extension but the gearbox was in the hole (luckily, the way the handles are attached you can still get into the hole with the lower end of the power head). Even without an extension, I think if you bottomed out, you might be able to finish the job with a good sharp ice chisel in most cases. There's been alot of snow cover this year so maybe it won't get too thick..........T

I have a half dozen in the bag. If buying a extension, buy the shortest one available for that brand of auger. It is not necessary to buy anything longer than 8 inches, otherwise purchase a step ladder or stand on the end of a tailgate...20 inches?