• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lazer blades help

FI Guide

Question

6 answers to this question

I would say it's the blades. I purchased a new Lazer 10" auger to put on my older Eskimo motor,it has the twin curved blades on it. I've punched probably 150-175 holes with it so far and it still slices through the ice like butter. I even had it out last Thur. night at -10 degrees and it worked great, never iced up like you were talking. Sharp blades are very important on these newer augers.

Dog-Eye

PBOW, maybe it could also have something to do with where you are from. I know some people from there and they all seem to have problems much the same as you!

P.S Just-Kidding , Good-Luck

Dog-Eye

Compare the angle on the blades with a new model if you can.

I have seen augers with sharp blades that wouldn't cut because the auger piece that you screw your blades onto was bent a little.

The angle at which the blades contacted the ice was different than other better working augers.

Sometimes those augers were used for opening op old holes and somehow got bent a little so they didn't cut as well.

You had to lean on them. You shouldn't have to with a Lazer.

ok guys get a hold of strike master and tell them the problem .i had the same luck and they told me they would replace the cutting bit.. but i'm not going to send it in till i'm done ice fishing never know when i'll get it back.......

------------------
J.Chapman