• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL18 Battery

Boss Hogg

Question

Just bought the FL18 with the battery indicator. Right now it is indicating 50%. Should I run it completly down before I put in the FIRST charge? I was told that If I charge it at this point, it will develope a memory and the battery will not go beyond 50% in the future and it will be dead. I hate to screw something new up. Thanks

3 answers to this question

Bosshog,
According to Vex. You should bring in to warm area and recharge after every use. These batteries will not develope a memory. Recharge every 30 days when not in use. You will get a long time out of these batteries if taken care of. Think of it as a motorcycle batt that is receiving a small charge all the time. And that indicator will read 50% after a short time of use. That only means it has ATLEAST 50% not down to 50% left.