• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Hideout ?

robby

Question

3 answers to this question

Robby,
I've had one for years until I purchased a new Otter Lodge this year. Very nice house in my opinion. Mine was just warn out and wanted to try something different. You will like it. If you transport with ATV or snowmobile, I suggest you get 2 or 3 bungy cords and strap them down across the short side of the shack. Makes transporting more secure.

Robby

I found a used Hideout last summer - paid $100-125 for it. Nice little shelter for when I'm alone or have a long walk, although you can fish two people in it as well.

Easy to get in and out of my van (weight) and for pulling. Sled is reasonable sized for loading gear.

My biggest gripes with it:
1)Skirts - they aren't nearly long enough - the air howls thru the thing - especially when we don't have snow.
2)High profile combined with the light weight makes for a dandy "box kite" when the
wind is howling. (DAMHIKT! Be prepared to have some method of "fastening" it down). But the high profile also allows me to stand up and stretch - so there are trade offs.

If I keep it, an off-season project is going to be taking it to a canvas shop, and getting extention skirts put all the way around it. Am thinking of 6-8" on the sled
sides and 12" +/- on the ice sides.

UG