• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip-Up Lube

Dog-Eye

Question

Just wondering what the best lube for a friction free tip-up would be. Whats every-ones opinion? Was fishing in sub-zero temps on Thurs. night and even a brand new Arctic was real stiff.

5 answers to this question

It is actually spelled Blu-Lube and it is made by HT Enterprises Inc. I believe I bought my last bottle at Fleet Farm, but I have seen it at Gander and even Wal-Mart. I tried other types of lubes before and they all stiffened too much in the cold.

For the tip ups you will want to stick to the Blu Lube standard reel lube will do two things on tips ups first it will get stiff and the tip up will be sticky when turning and second when it is warm out that reel oil will drip right out of the tip up tube. I use that Blu lube in everything it is is my favorite lube. I put it in every reel that I use in the winter and summer.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Thanks for the responses guys. Ive used the blu-lube in the past but I was just curious if anyone had tried anything that they thought had worked better. I'll just stick with the same stuff then.

Dog-Eye