• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still Unsure which to buy.

mnfish

Question

7 answers to this question

If you have read all the post then the ball is completely in your court. It is now time for you to make a decision what is going to fit you best for your needs. When I asked myself these questions it lead me to a LX 3 for myself and so far it has been a good decision.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

mnfish Welcome to FM
I hope you've found this forum helpful in finding information pertaining to your your future purchase. If your still on the fence a side by side demonstration may be what you need. If you can get to one the ICE Leaders Events I think it could be arranged.
BTW I own a MarCum LX3. smile.gif

I went through the same decision last year and ended up with an LX-3 that I have been very happy with. Take a look at the features on each unit and I think you'll find as I did, that the LX-3 gives you the most advanced features available in any unit.

It can be all just mumbo jumbo untill you see what each unit can do.
I like to see things work before spending my hard earned bucks,and not sitting on a shelf at GM in some fake display mode.
I would suggest like the others said attending one of the ICE Series or other Ice Leaders events.You can see both units up and working and decide from that.If you can't make it to one of these events just walk out to your nearest "shanty town" and ask a few guys out there to see thier units.Good way to make a freind and I can almost gaurantee that they will be more than willing to show off their toy!I always am! smile.gif

Both are really - really good especially if you don't have one. I have a FL-18 and I LOVE IT! My buddies have LX-3s and they LOVE them. Either way you can't go wrong.

That's my rant I'm done.

Thanks for the input. I checked out the Vexilars and Marcums on Gull last weekend. I guess my biggest confusion between the two was what made the Vex 18's that much better. After further research last night and after reading your posts, I think I will get the Marcum.

THanks again for the replies and the welcome!!!