• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Camera System To Buy??

TUMBLEWEED

Question

5 answers to this question

Depending on when you need your camera by, the OVS 560 is the way to go. They won't be available for a couple weeks yet but have some great features that make this the camera to buy. It comes ready for the ice or open water. The best feature is the fact that the camera turn not the cable. No more twisting the cable or setting up a stand over you hole. Very nice!!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I'm definitely looking forward to the OVS560. I've used the OVS500 several times while out fishing and its an excellent underwater camera and the OVS560 will be one step higher. With the new OVS560 you can expect more from your underwater camera and the features are very nice to have. The new lighting system is at the top of the game and you can expect to have better visibility in darker, more stained water.

As far as comparaing the OVS to Aqua Vu or Atlantis, they are all nice cameras and I've used Aqua Vu in the past and they get the job done, but I'm sold on the OVS. The rotational feature was a big seller on the OVS500 (although not a necessity for open water fishing) as well as the neatness at which the unit was set-up, and the new features on the OVS560 put it ahead of the rest in my opinion. Visibility in the water is my number one concern when looking for an underwater camera and I like the OVS.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I'll be upgrading to the MarCum OVS 560 as well. I have an Aqua-vu MC2x now and it is a pretty good unit for both open and hard water, but there are a couple things that I don't like. The two things I really don't care for on the Aqua-vu and pretty much all cameras on the market is that rotating the camera head using the cable is a bit slow and can be tough to get on your target. The other complaint is the lighting system. There is too much floating particles in between the camera lens and your object to see much at night typically.

The VS560 has a panning camera head (no more need to rotate using the cable) and it has a new lighting system in which the lights are set above the camera head (meaning less illumination on particles in between the camera lens and the object you are viewing).