• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

CommonSense Guy -- Fantastic catch! Interesting that you caught your 55" on 7/3, I caught mine on 7/3 as well and my boat partner caught a 49" and someonelse in camp got a 51". I think those were the only 50" class fish caught last week.

We were fishing out of Red Wing lodge and fishing the Sabaskong, Miles, Obabakong, Burrow Bay and Sunset Channel areas. How many did your group catch and what are of the lake were you staying? I wonder if the whole lake was hot?

Thanks

There were limited feeding windows from 7/3 to 7/8. But the morning of 7/3 the fish were really hot. It was right before that front came rolling in. I lost about a 46 inch fish right after I caught that big girl. I Caught a 43 at about 10:30 but then it shur down. Overall I caught a 39,40,43, and the big one. Lost some nice fish. There were five other fish caught in out group but no big ones.

I was fishin the NE mostly. Made it over to Big Narrows and has some fish moving but too many boats. I think we saw about 100 fish between two boats during 6 days. Not alot of big fish moving yet.

you really suck - what, only a 55.5 incher. thats nothing - you really need to quit wasting you time with those little ones......

all joking aside - NICE FISH! the email pictures are HUGE - my math gives ya almost 50lbs! WOW! you are going to have a hard time topping that this season - but i think i got just the spot for ya - but your on net duty for this one. if you get a second drop me a line before wednesday afternoon (leaving for 5 more days on the pond) i would love to here the stories

Chris,

Our experience was similar. Hair and topwater were the best with some success with Manta and Hell Hounds. It is a great time to go to LOTW as the water levels are down and it has negatively impacted weed growth -- less weeds -- fewer places for Muskies to hide. If you find them (weeds), you found fish. We also got fish off of shallow rocks.

We caught most fish on -- Colors were Black and Silver (Musky Marabou and Spinner Baits) and smallmouth colors, Natural perch on the Hell Hound and Orange and Black Dot Manta and Black Top Raiders and prop style baits. Actually had some fast action on a black and red chatter bait as well (more details below).

Here are a couple of crazy stories:

My brother had a smallmouth on (we thought) and he brought it to the boat and it was a Musky (Musky eaten the smallmouth) that made my 50+" fish look small. He fought the fish and then it gave up the 1.5lb smallmouth (which you couldn't see in the Musky's mouth) and it stayed around the boat for few minutes tormenting for the smallmouth which of course my brother left in the water and Musky swam around but didn't eat it.

We fished a very nice looking weedbed (3 guys) with a topwater, spinner bait and bucktail). The spot looked too good, so I decided to try it again. I put on a chatterbait and in 10 minutes I raised 5 fish (I caught one and lost another). We continued to throw the chatter bait and nothing. Go figure. It is easy to tell someone who is fishing a chatter bait, they look like a vibrator!

Some nice fish being caught for sure!!

The wife and I did our annual anniversary muskie trip this year... Where we headed to Vermillion.. With the help of Musky Tom Wehler, Hannah was able to put her first 'lunge into the boat.. On a top water at that!!! Definately made the whole trip and my year!!! A few other fish found the net as well, but even though this one was not the biggest of the trip, it was definately the most memorable!!!

If someone is ever looking for a great trip on the Big V, be sure to give Tom a call.. A great guy and provides a great service!!!

hannahsfirst070906mediumwebvie.jpg

Here are 5 musky's we caught in the evening/morning on our fishing trip last week.

Sizes in order- 39", 41.5" 42" 42" 51"

A great fishing trip!

[image]p7200017cb4.jpg[/image] [image]p7210022gj1.jpg[/image] [image]p7200014my1.jpg[/image] [image]p7210019ha5.jpg[/image]

Dstirs 51"

[image]p7210025qo9.jpg[/image] [image]p7210027zl5.jpg[/image]