• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Took a longtime friend out to a metro honeyhole today and we had six muskies up to the boat ranging in size from 36' to 45' (I'm guesiing). None of those toothy critters wanted the muskie candy we were tossing ie... Bucktails, Phantoms and many other surface or just below the surface type of lures. Time was getting short, kinda like the bite and it was time to turn up the speed and start cranking for these fish... we made one pass in about 18 - 20 ft of water and whammo! Clay got his first ever Muskie!! I couldn't have been happier seeing him land the fish, pick up the fish for a few quick pics and revive and release the muskie in short time. I just we had more time to run cranks because it caused a reaction bite, unlike what we were seeing in the shallows. This was a 36' fish.

clays36muskie27ul.jpg

claysrelease27yk.jpg

Bill Rosner, a Vermilion guide out of the Vermilion Dam area, caught this 53-incher last weekend. I don't know where, except it was on the West Bay, so don't ask. I don't know what he caught it on, so don't ask. smirk.gif

He hooked the fish, offered the rod to each of his two clients, then fought and landed it himself when they said no thanks. He estimated the weight at 42 to 45 pounds.

big-muskie.jpg

After what seems like thousands of casts and hundreds follows, I finally scored my first muskie ever. It measured 44.5". The date stamp is wrong on the picture...it should read 6-17-06. I caught it on a chartruese Rad Dog Spinnerbait. 6-17-06muskie.jpg

Quote:

Looks like photo bucket is causing us a little grief again, try imageshack.

FYI, if people are having problems uploading pics, try using Tinypic.com . I use it for all my pics. Plus anything that is over 250K in file size is automatically resized. That way you won't have to deal with GIANT pics being viewed.