• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

12Mile 6/3/05

Good news and bad news......bad news is that the lake is currently being drawn down. It started tuesday and the lake is currently down about 4ft and will continue to go down. You will be able to use the ramps for a while still, but not sure how long. Be careful if you do go as the ramps are slimed with algae and gunk and are VERY slippery.

Good news is that fish are still biting....although all the folks I talked to down there hadnt caught much of anything or nothing at all. I had better luck, although I couldnt trigger the eyes (dropping water had them deeper in the main channel and the fronts had them "off" the bite....I didnt want to work that hard for them). However, we got quite a few crappies, some gills, and a bunch of cats. Cats were a BLAST! They seemed to be starting spawning feeding and were VERY aggressive when you found them. They had moved down the lake to the basin end as of this week. Ran into them on accident slip bobbering a road bed near rocks trying to find any eyes that might have been set up in the current that should have been there....what I found was cats off the shore about 3-6ft and HAMMERING my live bait slip bobber rigs. Such fun on med/light spinning tackle. No BIG fish, but up to 4lbs and great eater/stockers. Managed a livewell full that went to nice gentleman loading his boat the same time as us that had a few cats of his own to go with mine.

Again...get there while you can cuz it wont be boatable long I am afraid. Good luck!

goody frown.gif