• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HUMMINGBIRDS

buzzsaw

I thought this was a pretty cool picture!! I had my sprinkler on mist mode and this hummingbird was buzzing on through, I didn't even know I got a good picture until I saw it tonight and was pleasantly surprised!

DSCF0085.JPG

this is one "sweet" pic ...Buzz! grin.gif...i've been taking my few feeders in for a couple days at a time to try and get rid of those freakin pigeons that come by 40 at a time !...sure i get a few "good" birds in between but i'd spend half my check on bird seed if i don't pull my feeders in every few days.... grin.gif

buzz:

Way to use your flash. Most pics of male ruby-throated hummers show the throat as fairly black. Without direct sunlight on it, flash (or some other artificial light) is about the only way to get the ruby to come out nice.

Actually, Mr. Hummer looks like he's had one drink too many and is about to fall backwards over his bar stool. His eyes are even glazed over (I know, I know, reflection from the flash). What you putting in that sugar/water mix, Hummer Wallbanger or something? laugh.gif

Awwww! Thanks, its the nice compliments that keep me posting them! I have a window in the evening (5:30-7) when the sun hits under my Oak tree and I get all the ambient/direct sunlight I need to get a good picture. I feel like I'm baiting them in like a bear with all the goodies I put out.... they just can't resist visiting and don't seem to mind me as long as I'm not jumping around all over the place. I brought my 2 1/2 yr old son up to my little bird sanctuary last night and he was quiet... then the Hummingbirds started buzzing around and he was so excited!! It was pretty cool. I'll keep the pics coming! grin.gif