• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to find Ice Auger parts

LaqueDuBios

Question

I own an old ice auger. I believe the brand is Eskamo. No, not Eskimo...Eskamo. Anyway, it's older than dirt but still works great. I looked on the internet and found basically nothing about who made them. The problem is that inside the recoil part, a small piece of metal broke that prevents the recoil from "grabbing" and turning the engine over. (It's kinda like interlocking gears). It appears too small to weld. I know you all are going to tell me to go buy a new Strike Master and be done with it. Well, I already did that. I'm trying to fix it now so that I can give it to a buddy who is still using his hand auger to drill holes in late January! My question is, does anyone out there know where a person kind find salvage parts for an ice auger? Would a place that has salvage small engie parts have what I'm looking for? If so, where is one those? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I belive there is a shop or hardware store in New Brighton that has all kinds of Auger parts.The name escapes me but it is
"something dock" Check the yellow pages under fishing docks.

Or maybe some one here knows the name.

Benny