• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Repairing tears in Otter skins?

Big Sky

Question

What have found was the best way to repair tears in the skin? I have an "L" shape tear in mine. About 1 1/2" each side. I bought some repair material and thought about cutting a square piece to cover it and applying Marine Goop. Thanks for your replies.

4 answers to this question

Here is what I have found to be a good, weather proof mend. I think this is the same thing "92python" was refering to.

This came from the cabela's online catalog.

Tear Mender Item: IE-015920
Price: $9.99

Qty:

Tear Mender
This natural latex non-toxic adhesive permanently bonds to leather, cotton, acrylic and other porous materials for a strong, flexible weather-proof repair. Use the included patching section or the patching material of your choice to form a waterproof, UV-resistant bond that will never wear out, or simply apply to a puncture or tear to seal the threads. Repair is fully functional within 30 minutes.