• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Advice for FishEasy 2 Portable

Slothin'02

Question

Hi All,

I received a FishEasy 2 for X-mas and would like some advice on how to best use it on the ice. I've messed around with it and gotten a feel for it, just wanted to get your feedback/suggestions.

It seems the best battery option is to go with a gel-cell rechargeable, would this be accurate? Are these available at Batteries Plus, or the like?

It seems that on the ice, a sensitivity of 90%+ works best in order to not only see structure, but also your own lure. Any feedback?

Any other settings that others have found useful or like to use while on the ice?

I've found that the batteries are sensitive to cold. How have you guys insulated your portable unit?

How do you transport your portable? Any recommendations on padded carrying packs/bags?

Thanks for any/all information!

3 answers to this question

I'd like to know too...I couldn't figure it out so I returned mine.

I kind of miss it now...if only I knew how to make good use of it on the ice.

By the way...I just used a regular 12 Volt battery...worked fine for me.

[This message has been edited by Mongro02 (edited 01-13-2004).]

I have use my FishEasy II on the ic efor the last two years.

Here's what I do.
-I put it in a clear rubbermaid container and cut foam insulation to fit in the bottom to help insulate the bottom from the cold.
-Use a rechargeable 12v battery, one that fits inside the case.
-I turn all the added features off, like fish alarm, fish and things like that.
-I set the Scroll Speed to 100%.
-Use the Split Screen so I can zoom in on the bottom.
-I adjust the sensitivity so that I can just see the lure I am using at the time. I usually set it so that it occassionally looses the lure on the screen. I think this helps reuduce the clutter on the screen.
-I mounted the transducer on an old tip-up.

This has worked for me. I also use mine in a portable shelter.