• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ventless heaters

Gus

Question

10 answers to this question

The ventless wall mounts do work pretty well but it states on the package that they are not to be used in bedrooms. We have a couple in our deer hunting trailer that has pretty good natural ventilation and we have not tripped our CO2 detector. I would not use them in a sleeper house.

Have had mine for 4 years and had very little problems. The only problem is sometimes the igniter wont lite the pilot, sililar to a gas grill. Mine has an automatic shut down in case there is no oxygen. Slept numerous times in the house, just crack the window a little and your fine. I always bring a bottle of soapy water and check connections just in case.

Not being vented they will put a lot of moister into the shack. These heaters have to burn clean. Dust, dirt and cobwebs on the element will make them burn dirty.
A CO detector is a must. When venting keep in mind that you have to supply enough air for you to breath and enough for your heater to burn.

When it comes to carbon monoxide, I would just like the piece of mind when I go to sleep that there is no C02 (carbon monoxide) in the room i'me in!
Lets see, breath poison or pure air?
Go with a vented stove. I would!!
Good Luck!! wink.gifsmile.gifgrin.gif