• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garmin rhino 130 gps

SCCO9803

Question

Garmin just came out with a rhino 130, this supercedes the 120. It has all the same features but also has a electronic compass and barometer. I just bought the 120 and am wondering if the $120 upgrade is worth it for those two features.

2 answers to this question

I got a Garmin map 76s for Christmas. That has the baromitter and elec. compass. I use the compass in the woods. It help a little. I have never used the baromitter. If you could get your money out of the 120 it would be ok, I personally don't use those options much. Does the 130 have more memmory for maps. That' what I would look for. I have the topo software and I use that a lot for hunting. I will get some lake software soon for mine.

Scotty

I have a Etrex Vista. I love the electronic compas on the unit. I just think it's easier to use because you don't have to be moving to get the arrow or whatever to show you what direction you need to go. I think any GPS works, it's just what you get used to using and knowing how to use what you have.