• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OVS 560

muskiejoe

Question

I have one purchased and here is the reply that I recieved this evening. They probably will not be out until the ice clears. We have just heard from Marcum. They found a glich in the OVS 560 cameras. They wil not be available until the 3 week of Feburary.

------------------
Panfisher

I just hope it is available before the ice forms next season. I'm starting to think I should ask for a refund on my order, and then let them launch it to open water anglers. With all the gadgets they need to operate on that system, I guess we were all maybe a little foolish to think it would work right out of the box. Perhaps it's best to let them out in the field for a half a year until we're sure they are working right.

Bump.

It's January 26th, and the Monday of another new week. Is there any new news on when this product will be available.

The register guy at Prince Bait on 169 on the way to Mille Lacs told me it wouldn't be available this year.

Any official word from MarCum or one of the MarCum reps?

Thanks Panfisher. So now we have two retailers saying that the OVS 560 will not be available this year, one retailer saying that MarCum has found a "glitch".

Has anyone heard anything from MarCum directly? If all of this is true, I wish they would issue a release letting those of us who bought them know we will be waiting longer.

Friday I talked to one of the owners of MarCum. The OVS 460's are being shipped, the OVS 560 they found a glitch in. They are working hard on it and will have it out ASAP. I didn't hear anything about it not being out this year. I honestly believe they will be out very soon.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

When I spoke with Marcum Customer Service on the 26th, the guy I spoke with said "it would be mid-spring",this is what he was told to relay on to people when inquiring...

------------------
Hook Em Good!!!!!!!

S.D. Ice Angular;
NRA, DU, NWTF,
Varmint Hunter
& NAHC Life Member

[This message has been edited by S.D. Ice Angular (edited 01-27-2004).]

That sounds like quite a problem, if it is true. Molds take a very long time to make, and if the old company won't give it up, then we will be waiting a while.

MarCum ought to put something official out regarding the delay. It has gone on for too long, and it is too easy to rumor and wonder.

i agree Brad . Glad i dont have cash down on one like some others here have said .Maybe one of the folks from Marcum that post will beable to give us some info . i do know thatg if it is as good as the Lx3 is when it does come out i will own one . i am sure that something like this does happen more than we thinkin a great many products that we never hear anything about .

word from thorne bros yesterday was that they have probs with the molding company and have switched . old molding co. wont give up the mold to the mew molding co. is what i was told . he also didnt have an answer on when it will be out. true ,false or otherwise i have no clue

I can't speak for MarCum but when ever you have a new product you time the marketing with a product release date.
Obviously something has set that projected release date back. I can't think of any company that has a policy to inform the public of internal or outside problems that result in setbacks in production.

Only MarCum knows why theres a delay in the release of the OVS 560, anything else is hear say. I'm sure MarCum will announce that date when they know and when they do you will see it posted on FM first.
If you've prepaid I'd imagine your first in line to receive the OVS 560 with a great warranty and customer service.
Like I said I'm not speaking for MarCum.

Surface Tension,

I'm sure you are right and there is no policy. I'm also confident that MarCum is doing the right thing by the product, and will provide excellent customer service.

I do think, however, that this has gone on enough and they need to say "we have a delay", and communicate that in consistant language to all their sales reps and retailers.

It's not so much that I paid my money in early December and don't have the product. I just want a valid estimate as to when I might receive it.

i do agree that they are a good compnay with good products from what i have seen . i do feel that they should at least say something about the delay. not so much as to the whys of it but how long will it be (approx). like you said and i thought i did above how many things are produced that have simular delays happen that we never even hear about? i am sure from owning the lx3 and seeing a couple of their cams when it does get out it will be a great piece of equitment also ...
In closing i sure as heck hope that what i was told is false . just repeated what i was told at thorne bros.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here is the reply from MarCum's head guy after asking them to review this thread and for their official position:

Rick,
Received your e-mail regarding the VS 560. I don't know if I consider this to be an official position. Part of the problem was that the tooling was delayed and the dates we were given always turned out to be false.

We are currently attempting to gear up for production. The VS 460 will be first. The 460 camera rotates inside the housing just like the 560.

The differences are that the 560 also has depth, temperature, direction, battery status, 3 auto pan speeds, and an optional wireless remote.

The delays, other than tooling, have been in testing and working out software bugs. This is breaking new ground and requires alot of engineering time and testing.

We apologize for being caught up in our own excitement and getting ahead of ourselves. We always have the highest expectations of ourselves and our ability to design, manufacture, and deliver products to market. We underestimated the time it would take to bring this project to completion.

I hate to pin a date on deliveries because you just don't know what issues may crop up in production. We are feverishly working on these units and hope that they will be available before the end of the ice season. We apologize to everyone who has waited.

Thank you for doing this Rick. It appears that MarCum is doing everything they can, and that if we should receive the units we purchased sometime in the near future. I really, really, really wish I had mine now, but I guess I can wait some more.