• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Info on Eskimo Auger

Question

I am looking for information on starting problems with my Eskimo gas auger. It will not pull the gas thru the line. I started it with WD40 thinking it would then pull the gas thru. No such luck. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

My dad had the same problem with his Eskimo the carbs tend to gum up if you dont empty the gas each year and run them dry. You need to take the carb off and clean it up or take it in and have it worked on. Any good small engine guy should have it back to you within days.
I have never had this problem with my Jiffy thats the beauty of having a primer.

good luck

Ukes

I just went thru the same thing with my brothers old eskimo. Clean the tank, replace hose if needed, replace diaphram, needle and seat (be sure to check new seat to make sure rubber seal is in it before you put one in, mine had one in and a extra in bag)replace the rubber O-rings for the idle and air/fuel mixture jets. Remove all parts from carburetor and clean/soak with a good carburetor spray. Use a air to clean out after carb cleaner. It cost about $15.00 and did it myself.

see if you have a vapor lock, don't use starting fluid or wd-40 for anything fuel related. These products are too refined and may score your piston. Use premium gasoline in place of either of the two. The octane levels of 91 or better are the best for the engine. Make sure you change out/use your gas within a month to two. The octane levels drop off that quickly. You may have the carb gummed up and in need a carb kit(not very expensive). I just got my dad's strikemaster going after 11 years of dust collecting. I drained the old gas and used the same method along with a new plug.
hope this gives you another alternative

[This message has been edited by cloudfisher (edited 01-08-2004).]

I had this problem with my old Eskimo auger and I just pulled the gas line off the carb and let the fuel flow out and then put it back on. I also run Seafoam in my gas all the time to help clean and stabilize everything. I have had to pull the line off the past few years and do this, but have never had a problem with it starting all winter.