• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bio-Bait vs. Gulp

Fish-n-Freak

Question

Bio-Bait or Gulp? Which have you used ? what do you like or dis-like about either product. I have picked up both and will be trying them this week and weekend. I will be posting my success and favorite on Monday.

What do you guys/gals think of the 'non-living' Live Baits?

I have tried the uncle josh "preserved" items in the past, and they are better than a bare hook, but not a replacement for live bait. Still looking for something that I can keep longer than a few days.

5 answers to this question

I'm having success with Bio Bait on quite a few species of fish this winter so far. Crappies, bluegills, bass, perch, and even some walleyes this past weekend. The Ice Bits are great for crappies and gills. I like the red larva flavor for tipping spoons for walleyes. And all the flavors I've dropped down the perch have liked. The shiner flavor is a good choice for all species as well.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I tried "Gulp!" (Yellow Maggots) for the very first time last weekend during a tourney. Fishing was slow but I did manage to try the Gulp! at the end of the day and caught a fish.

Wish I woulda tried it sooner, but the jury is still out for me on how effective it will be on a regular basis.

Gulp! won a lot of industry awards and got some serious press over the last few months, so I say give it a try.

------------------
Colorado Ice Man

I tried the gulp grubs on a 16th ounce jig and got some good bass on it, gotta be careful though, they will swallow it like real bait, so don't let them take it too long. I have not tried bio bait yet, but I suspect I will be soon!

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}("< ---><!>

I haven't tried Gulp yet.If its anything like or better than their Power Bait I think it might work well.It does seem that it only comes in one flavor?
Bio Bait catches fish.Unlike gulp it comes in several flavors.My favorite flavor so far is the crayfish.I have also done well using the crawler and meal worm shiner flavors.
I try to bring live bait with me every time out and keep a few flavors of Bio Bait with me all the time.When the fish are not interested in the live bait you have along its nice to be able to have something convienent along that has a different scent or flavor.Or if you run out of live bait or its inconveinent to get live bait then Bio Bait shines when the fish are looking for some thing with scent and flavor.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

I used the gulp stuff this past summer and it worked really well for bass and panfish. Based on that I would bet that it might be a good thing for winter especially for crappies.
><>deadeye