• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"TV" members....

That would be interesting to find out. I love watching the lineup of shows available on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It sure would be cool to post a question and have Al Lindner respond.

Al Linder has posted here, I think in the Canada forum checking on ice conditions. I don't know if the tv guys would want to answer questions all day. I wouldn't be surprised If they checked out the forums occasionaly to get ideas.

Yeah. Imagine the information, knoledge and tips you could get in one day of fishing with him. I've always wondered what it would be like fishing with Al. Have watched him ever since I was a little kid.

Yeah, going out with him and his brother James would be a pretty interesting outing. James always cracks me up on tv. When he catches a fish he always goes "WOOOOOOOAHHHH!" and "Good Starter Fish!". I'm always doing the Lindner sounds in our boat, makes for a fun day on the lake laugh.gif

I haven't fished with him but I have fished next to him, his brother and Gary Dorn, I think that's his name. Every time we fished by them was on Leech Lake, generally on Stony and Little Stony Points and Ottertail Point. Funny thing is, we did as well or better than they did on all occasions!! In fact a couple of times my girlfriend had a real hot bite going and Al even made a few comments to her about, "What are you doing to trigger that many bites"?? They were mostly jigging and we were rigging, one time they switched to rigging after we had boated about 5-6 to their 1 fish. It was very interesting to watch Al fish a jig, he was very good at it and didn't miss fish, like I do when I jig.

Ole

That's one thing about those guys, they aren't stubborn in their ways and are always looking for new ways to catch fish, or changing their tactics. Even accepting advice from guys without their own tv shows haha.

I ran into Al and Jimmy a while ago out west. Chatted a little with them before dinner but we didn't want to impose so we kept our distance. They pumped us for more info than we pumped them for. Got a kick out of that. Pretty down to earth people.

I was at "The Edge" helping one of the guys set up the new video editing equipment for their TV show and Al comes in and says, "Hello, I don't think we have met, I'm Al Lindner." OK. Like I did not know that! He was really nice and very friendly. James, Al, Rich and I talked about fishing, computer equipment while I helped set up the new stuff. Fun day.

Also got a tour of the "shooting" rooms where they get some of those great underwater shots.

Neat experience! I would love to go and work for them making that TV show.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd do just about anything to be working for them. What could be better than to be around fishing and guys like that??? Of course, the pay would have to be somewhat decent, but besides that, I think it would be awesome. I've always dreamed of having my own show,being a part of a show, or even being on the pro walleye tour, but I guess not all dreams can come true. Still, one day with those guys would be darn close to it. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep on watching them on the weekends and sponge as much info as I can.

We were fishing wallys and they were filming a bass segment and we popped a few real nice bass, one being just under 22". Al had asked us when we met them at the resort how fishing was and we told him of our mixed bag of fishand the nice size that we were catching.He also asked where we were fishing. The next day turned brutal, we fished the same spot for a bit with out much luck so we left, within 5 minutes they were on it and they popped a couple right from the git go. they were fun to watch to say the least.

Yeah, the whole Lindner Crew are great guys. I've been around them my whole life. Very down to earth. Al is one of the few guys who I believe still has as much fun fishing every single day as he did when he was younger he just has a passion for it......this considering he's on the water about 200 days a year. (Also, James is Ron's son, that would make him Al's nephew.)

I had the honor of watching Al and partner fish a walleye tourney about 15 or so years ago on Cisco Lake in the U.P. of Michigan. I was in my late teens and fishing the tourney with my Dad. We heard through the grapevine that Al was up here fishing the lake. About halfway into the day I saw his tell tale Lund and "old school" In-Fisherman hat. Of course this was a huge thing for me at that age. Being on the same lake as "the" Al Linder. Watched him run and gun until he found the "spot" he wanted and proceded to pull up fish. Of course I had to have Dad motor up close and take a few casts. Got a wave from Al and I was in heaven. Since then that has been my little joke, that I fished with Al. grin.gif His philosophy on fishing and the way his whole family incorporates the Good Lord into their work and lives has been an inspiration to me for a long time.

If you aren't the host you don't get to do much fishing. A high school buddy of mine used to work for Babe Winkelman, and all he really got to do was hold the camera.

I know Gary Roach used to monitor the Winnie page regularly. He spent a lot of time hanging around the old "Judd's" resort on the west side of the lake. I had the opportunity to do some mid week perch jerking near him and his buddy. After dark we met in the restaraunt and he was a very friendly guy.

Also, Jeremy Smith from "Fishing the Wildside" is an old friend. I went to high school with his dad. I don't know if he has ever posted here but I've heard he checks out the site on occasion.

I have a friend that used to work for the DNR and do Creel Survey's in the Brainerd Area. Ron would talk to him for 5-10 minutes every time my buddy was doing the creel survey. Ron is a great guy too from what I understand.

Hey Basscatcher,

I noticed your from Gaylord. You should know Dan Stier. He's a pro that is originally from Gaylord. I know he lives in S. Dak. now. I've seen him on TV a number of times.

Ya know, I've never met the guy. Heard of him plenty, just never met him. Know a couple of guys that have fished with him before during pre-tournament scouting. Pretty intense fisherman from what I've heard and knows his stuff.