• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-3 question

G_man

Question

I have a question about my Marcum. I've read the directions and still have a question after using it several times.

Here is the scenario: When I turn on the Zoom mode (5' or 10' window) and push the down button until the bottom edge of the zoom window stripe (shown on the right side) is at or just below the bottom of the lake shown; the bottom on the zoom (left) side of the display is in the 6 o'clock position. According to the directions and to what other knowledgable users have told me, the bottom of the lake in the zoom mode should be at the 12 o'clock position.

Am I doing something wrong or is my unit goofy? Honestly, I might like it better this way, because it is more like the FL-18, but I want to know if my $400 unit has a flaw or not...

------------------
Life is too short to not go fishing today!

5 answers to this question

G-man,

When and where are you going to hit the ice next? I plan on hitting the Metro throughout this next week. Maybe we can meet up and I can help you out with the LX-3. And we can chase some fish wink.gif Drop me an e-mail.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thinking about Medicine Lake on Thursday night after work (4:30pm-ish). The normal spots aren't producing well this year, so I need to get out and chase them. I'm hoping the temps will permit this, otherwise I have one more GPS point to check-out before I am back to simply hitting the map. You'd be more than welcome to join me.

As far as the Marcum issue goes. I remember reading in the directions that the display is supposed to go clockwise, including in the zoom mode. I also remember out on Linwood when I saw the unit performing this way, and since then, I haven't been able to reproduce that. I don't have a problem with the way my unit is performing per my previous description, but I am just curious to know if my unit is performing how it is supposed to in case anything else ever comes up.