• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunflower heater

Question

I have been having some problems with my sunflower heater. I turn it on and hit the igniter and then light my mtach and put it in there. It stays on for about 1 minute then just shuts off.Sometimes won't even stay on. Any suggestions???

8 answers to this question

sometimes you can clean the thermocoupler with some fine sandpaper and it will work fine again. Doesn't alway work but sometimes does. This will only work so many times. I have done it a couple times on my furnace in my house. Cheap fix if it works.

Good luck!

Last Tuesday on Lake of the Woods, we had two heaters that would not light up. We ended up warming up the tanks in the truck for about a half an hour before the propane would burn??? Anybody else have this happen?

I have also had this problem. If you hold down the starter button, light it and keep it pressed in for a minute that sometimes does the trick. Also check to see if you have enough propane, low tanks seem to be troublesome. If you can take the head off and try it on another propane tank you know works can help eliminate guessing if it is the tank or head. If it is the head take it back and get a new one if you can.
Cheers!!