• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New depth finder question

LwnmwnMan2

Question

Say you're on zoom mode. You're watching fish on the bottom, or so you think, there's the separation from the fish to the bottom, about 1 (line?)'s width of black from the yellow to the red. Now you're watching and the red (bottom) creeps up and no more fish, just all red. Is this a larger walleye / nothern that hugging the bottom right below me and the vex is thinking that's tbe bottom? Or am I just on weeds which have floated back in and covered the bottom for 8-10"?

Lwn

1 answer to this question

Excellent Question.
My interpretation is that it's some of both. If you know you're fishing a hard bottom and "the bottom moves up to your bait" my guess is that it's fish. When fishing open water, I think it's harder to interpret because of boat movement.
If you're fishing over a soft bottom or near weeds, I think it's more likely to be weeds or a change in the bottom structure.
I hope this helps.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin