• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heating a Double wide portable

LwnmwnMan2

Question

7 answers to this question

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I don't know about that Paul,
Bluewater Bait in Bemidji has a heater that just might do it.

I could very well be wrong, because I haven't tried it in a double wide. However Jeff Beckwith has and it would be interesting to hear his take on it.

Even if one heater would have the capacity to heat a double wide, I would think you would never be able to find a "happy medium".

By the time the people on the opposite side of the house were comfortable, and the holes on the opposite side would stop freezing, the folks closest to the heater would be sweating to death...

I have an otter resort and I even use 2 heaters at times, I hang a buddy heater from the back, and place a sunflower in the corner... I also have made panels out of reflectix insulation that I can fasten to the back and the top with velcro - this helps out tremendously....

I have one that will do it. This thing is a tank, but fits on a 20# tank. It is a Focus 30. One burner is 15000 btu and with both burners on it is 30000 btu. How's that for heat, LOL? I put it in a small two man and had to turn it off after 5 minutes. It is just a little bulky and pretty loud, but man does it put out the heat. That heater would make Tim the Toolman proud! I use it in my 10x16 shed when messing around out there in the cold. Now I just need a few flowers and hula girls.

I have a Century infared regulated propane heater, 3 setting low, med and high. 10 000 to 12 000 btu's. I use this in a small one man portable on low heat and heat a 6 man permanent house on high. The unit is a bit bulky being on on propane tank but lasts 3-4 months on a full tank going out twice a week for 10 hrs a session. You can even turn the head around and use it to cook on.
Cheers!!