• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Barricuda auger slow?

tnord

Question

Picked up the eskimo barracuda with the 2 lazer blades and a 30:1 gear ratio, 2hp. 8 inch. Man this thing seems slow. It cuts, no shaves a hole without stopping. I expected it punch a hole in a foot of ice in 15 seconds or so, am I expecting to much?

2 answers to this question

Without seeing it cut its hard to say.
You'll find Tecumseh motors on darn near on all the augers out there. Eskimo, Jiffy and Strikemaster have nothing to do with any of the motors. The auger shaft is a no brainier, a straight shaft with flat a bar set to accept blades. Could the bar be bent? Its possible but not probable. Its more likely you dinged the blades or center point. All it takes is one nick and you wont be cutting worth a darn. I bought my Strikemaster 15 years ago and it still has the original blades on it. Its hasn't dulled and all I do is take a burr off once and a while. The Eskimo Barracuda is a good bang for the buck and I would buy one tomorrow if I needed an auger. All I care about is a good engine and gear box and it makes holes in the ice. Some augers require downward pressure and some cant take any.

THIS IS GOING TO SOUND BAD ...BUT I BOUGHT NEW BLADES FOR MY BARRACUDA LAST YEAR AND WHEN I PUT THEM ON I PUT THEM ON UPSIDE DOWN...THEY STILL ROTATED AND SHAVED ICE BUT THAT WAS IT, AS SOON AS I REALIZED THAT THEY WERE UPSIDE DOWN IT CUT LIKE HOT BUTTER....I HAVE THE 10" WITH THE SERRATED BLADES, YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE BLADES WER'NT PUT ON UPSIDE DOWN..

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP MAYBE IT WON'T BUT AT LEAST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

------------------
FISH OR GO HOME