• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

retractable wheels for fish house

rattlem'up

Question

7 answers to this question

rattlem'up
Welcome to FM. The wheels attach to a spindle. Spindle diameter is dependent on load rating. You'll see spindles attached to a set of leaf springs or with no suspension o ice houses.
Most front wheel drive cars are light and the rear spindle and leaf spring would be to light handle an ice house but yes that is basic design.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If you are new to this stuff, safety is a big issue. We recommend you have someone who knows what they are doing do it.

Trailers you will be taking on the road need to be well built by qualified individuals.

I see you are from glencoe. Willmar has a warehouse that carries just about anything you need for making a trailer. I put 3500 stub axles on my house and wouldnt put anything lighter than that on yours. You can also order a trailer right on this sight and they look very well built. I agree with rick that if you make your own safety comes first. Making it cheap to me is a hazard and waste of time if you plan on pulling it any distance. I would avoid using car spindles on a house of your size.
Jamie

well i am making the trailer out of 2x2 1/8 in. wall square tubing for the oustide perimeter and the inside braces are 2x2 1/8 in. wall angle iron every 2 feet. The tounge is 3x3 square tubing 1/4 in. walls it will extend 5 ft. out from trailer and half way back. does that sound good to you guys.Dont worry my instructor has built trailers plent of times, he just wants us to figure out the materials and everything else.

Rattlem'up;

If you observe the frame, on the factory

houses your size, you will note they are

using at least 3" x 2" on the perimiter

and 3" cross supports.

Also 5' of tung extension seems excessive,

4' should give you enough turning clearance.

Good luck

JIGLFIN;