• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter skins available for old sled?

Big Sky

Question

5 answers to this question

Big Sky,
I had the same dilema earlier this year. I called and they said no, because the tub is molded differently and has slightly different dimensions. I would have had to fabricate a piece to mount to the old tub to make the new shack fit. More than i wanted to deal with, plus decided I wanted a larger house. I sold my tub and got a new magnum outfit.
If i remember, the new tubs are @ 2" longer than the old ones, and the front/back are level, whereas the old ones went up in front and were flat in back. I think i measured a 5" riser would be needed to level it front to back. Click on the otter link on this site and it gives you a toll free # you can call them at.
Xplorer

I think there may be at least 2 different groups that make the skins. Otter Outdoors and Canvas Craft in Anoka, MN. I say that because there is the company that makes the Purple and Green skins and the company that makes the Black ones.

92python,
Yup there are, unfortunatly both otter (purple/green) and canvascraft (black) skins only fit on the newer otter 2 sleds. The nonlevel front/back rims are the bugger in the older tubs.
I sold my medium tub with hitch for 80 clams, my new magnum with hitch ran me 150.
Look in the classifieds here on FM, i think there is a otter setup on there now.
Xplorer

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 12-31-2003).]