• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help with fish house heater

red ice

Building another fishhouse for my sister her husband. (Made one for myself last year and got roped into making another.) Anyway, trying to decide on a heater for it. The one that I have in mine is a little tempermental sometimes about lighting and don't want to use that brand again. Wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions? Kinda leaning towards an Empire direct-vent heater. Thanks in advance for any replies!

RED

I have use an Empire heater-ventless(I don't want to start the usual debate) for over 10 yrs in my sleeper. Never had a problem with it. During the season I spend 2 to 4 nights a week in it. Just my two cents.

Yep, we have the same thing. It works like a charm. No more cold vents to worry about and we sleep on the floor(air mattress or cot) so we always have some holes open at night to let fresh air come in, just in case. Also we used to have a vented heater so we have the pipe that goes out and we leave that open too at night to let in fresh air.

I slept in it about a dozen times last year w/out a problem.

We even got a thermostat and hooked it up to a fan so when the heater turns on the fan does too. That way the warm air gets blown around and when the heater turns off, the fan does also. (pretty cool!) grin.gif