• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best pocket camera for recording the catch

Cove

Question

I am in market for a small camera to replace my Olympus Stylus Epic which weights 4.8 oz and is "all-weather". Giving it to my daughter.
I need the scoop on the best replacement.
Got to be small, weather resistant and not a battery hog (like my Kodak EasySHare digital). I am thinking probably another 35mm would do it.

6 answers to this question

pj4, thanks for the Kodak floatable idea. I once leaned over the stearn to tilt a little outboard and my Cannon A-1 rolled out of my backpack into the drink. Cost a bundle to fix.

Lunker, I have never thought of the disposable but if they take good standard pictures they are small enough and yes, less risk in an inherently risky environment.

I always have my disposable camera in my hunting or fishing gear. I too put it in a ziploc bag. I carrie last one around for over a year before I finally finished the roll and had it developed. I am very satisfied with the quality of the pictures and I usually buy them on sale for around 5 bucks. I used to have some that only had 12 pictures on them, but can't seem to find them anymore. My new one has 27, but I suppose I could develop it sooner if I wanted too since I believe you only pay for the pictures that develop. Maybe I just need to take more pictures!!