• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bait

nitrotmaxx

I'm here Ralph. Now I have to go to work in the morning instead of play all day (but) I'll be getting off at 3 and Cambria is real close to the river down in Lesueur.....Plus this weather is depressing. crazy.gif

The fish is a beauty! Now you show that picture around and say you caught it noodling! grin.gif

Dark.. thanks for the laugh on the noodling thing smile.gif

Slow down and visualize what you just stated for a minute.. Ralph *noodling* for cats, let alone a cat of that size.

He had better bring a snorkel because that fish would have been pulling him around like a bobber still attatched to a fish after a broken line... he would have looked like one of the trainers at sea world hanging onto a dolphin. ( no pun intended )

The earlier question asked on bait... I highly recommend you look in the regulation booklet under bait. Bullheads currently can be used up to 7".. hopefully this changes soon so we can use the bigger ones. This does NOT apply to all fish with limits(protected gamefish, panfish included).. I believe all other fish with limits CAN NOT be used for bait (sunfish, etc). Carp cant be used for bait either.. whole or in pieces.

Other unprotected species like sheepshead can be used for bait in the body of water they came from, I dont think there is a size limit on sheephead, mooneyes, etc.. but I could be wrong... look in the regs, if I had overlooked something, I dont want to be at blame for a ticket.

hey guys at least i picked her up. everybody else was scared to grab her..there's no noodling here.don't take it the wrong way, but if you put some glasses on it. it kinda looks like someone we all know!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

i know something i won't tell

I think I remember it being legal to use gamefish in WI as long as you have them as your daily bag limit. (correct me if I'm wrong on that) .... But if that's the case, can we use sunnies for cats on border waters??

For Wisconsin residents, that's true, otherwise, here's two excerpts from our own 2005 MN fishing regulations that should clear things up a bit: (taken from page 55, "Border Waters", 1st paragraph)

"When Minnesota's fishing regulations differ from a bordering state's regulations, Minnesota residents and persons fishing under a Minnesota non-resident license must comply with the Minnesota regulations and may not exercise more liberal fishing privileges in the waters of the bordering State."

"Unless otherwise noted, all general regulations relating to angling methods, licensing, seasons, limits, possession and transportaion of fish, apply to border waters(see pages 17-27)."

So, in short answer, nope! Oh, well...

Manny

Sorry, Fisher425. As crazy as that sounds, even if you hold a WI non-resident license, you (as a MN resident) must follow the MN rules when fishing the border waters. You cannot use 3 lines - like the WI fisherman. You cannot use sunnies, perch, or whatever - like the WI fisherman. You cannot harvest bait from the border water - like the WI fisherman. You cannot use a cast net to harvest bait - like the WI fisherman. Almost makes you want to move to Cheesehead land and buy a Packer jersey doesn't it?

Actually, if you are a MN resident fishing a MN-WI border water with only a WI non-res license, you are fishing "without a license." For MN-WI border waters, MN residents must possess a MN license (and abide by those rules) and vice versa.

HEY WIGGUM IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU AND YOUR BUDDY PAT THE OTHER DAY.IF YOUR INTERESTED GOING FOR THE WHITE BASS LET ME KNOW. I MIGHT BE OUT THERE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON. SMALLIES AND WALLEYES ARE OUT THERE TOO. I MIGHT EVEN TRY FOR A FLATHEAD. SO BRING A COUPLE OF POLES, I'LL SEE IF BLACKSPORTSMAN IS ABLE TO GO AS WELL. E-MAIL ME [email protected]

MANNY IF YOU READ THIS POST LET ME KNOW FOR SUNDAY.MY TREAT,I'LL SEE IF DAVE IS WILLING TO GO. BUT I DOUGHT IT, HE DON'T LIKE THE STAIRS.....I JUST HAVE TO DROP A FAMILY OFF AT THE AIRPORT THAT MORNING. AND THEN I'M READY TO FISH.... LET ME KNOW YOU GOT MY NUMBER