• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing boots

pressman

Question

I need some advice on boots for ice fishing, I have rocky Ice stalker pac boots rated at -100 degrees and even with poly liners and wool socks my feet still will get cold, also these boots offer no ankle support so walking any distance is hard. I've heard rocky snowstalker extreme is a good boot but I can't find them...thanks for any advice....Mike

20 answers to this question

If your feet sweat and your boot liners get wet your feet will get cold. Start out with a good wicker sock and then use a wool blend sock over that. I do this under my icekings and I never get cold feet. Dry your liners after every use. If your boots dont have liners use a boot dryer.

Ice Kings are the real deal!! This is my third year using them and i can honestly say I have "never" had cold feet...not once while using them. I had terrible boots before these and my feet were allways cold even with 2 pair of socks...wool socks...didn't matter! I got my Ice Kings on sale at ************ for $50.00...but had to wait till ice fishing season was allmost over!!

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 12-29-2003).]

I have been very happy with my Sorel Glaciers. I always had problems with cold feet before I got these. The only issue is if there is a lot of water on the ice, like Saturday. They are only waterproof up to the ankle. They are very warm and comfortable, and less "clunky" than the Mickeys.

I have some Snowstalker Extremes and I love them! Got them at a "new" chain here in Colorado called Galyans towards the end of last season for 99 bucks! They rate down to -135.

If you want to know where to buy them, try cabelas on line. I have seen them in multiple Cabelas catalogs this year for 179.00.

Agree with the others on a good thin wicking sock underneath a good heavy sock. No matter how much you spend, the layered socks are still critical.

Mickey Mouse!!!
My feet sweat bad but these boots keep my wet sweaty feet WARM.Heck I don't even wear sock liners.Just a regular pair of tube socks.All the insualtion is sealed so it can't get wet and loose its insulation value.
Best cold weather boot I have come across.

I had a pair of Ice Man steel toes(Black)for ten years. Best pair of boots I ever had. That's what the guy(s) that stole them are saying today too. I found a pair last year at a store and couldn't believe it. They were the last pair they had(USA made). I haven't heard what the imports are like.I wear a wick and wool sock and have NEVER had cold feet(even with hunting opener this year (-22 in Bemidji). Georgia makes a 800 gram "Ice Walker" with removable ice cleats and have heard very good success with these.

My boots are Sorel's I bought at Fleet Farm (If Fleet Farm don't have it, you don't need it) for $50, all I do is put on some dress socks under my wool socks and the only time my feet get cold is if I'm in the portable for a long time. Then I just walk around for a bit and they warm back up.

I bought a pair of Rocky Blizzard Stalkers for 80 bucks after Xmas at Gander Mtn. I went in there to buy Ice Kings but the sales guy talked me out of it. The Rocky boots weigh at least 75% less than the Ice Kings and are actually warmer! I tried them on and could not believe it. They were so comfortable it was like walking on a pillow. I gave them the test this weekend up north and they are the warmest boot I've ever owned (1200 gram Thinsulate). They are 100% waterproof too. My feet stayed warm and dry all weekend, not to mention they were not sore at all. It's hard to put a price on that!
I recommend trying them both on and then decide. My 2 cents.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

I just picked up some new Baffin pac boots. They are rated to -150 and I really beleive it. They are fairly large but are actually lighter than thoose rocky blizzard stalkers and are way warmer. They were also the same price, which is pretty decent considering they are rated for -150.
><>deadeye

My vote goes to the Baffin's. I've had them for two years now and have yet to get cold feet even after sitting most of the day with my feet right on the ice. They're also nice and high so when you auger your hole you can splash water all over the place and you don't have to worry about it going down your boot. I looked at the ice kings also, but since I have a size 13 foot those babies were absolutely huge, I don't think I could drive my truck with those things on!