• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Stealth...bass akwerds!

kslipsinker

Question

My brand new 2HP-8" Jiffy Stealth turns counter-clockwise! I almost was ready to bring it back when I noticed that the blades were mounted to cut that way. I had always used Strikemaster augers in the past and I know they turn clockwise. I guess the engineers at Jiffy didn't want anyone putting Lazer lower units on their powerheads. (By the way, I love the auger!)

5 answers to this question

My brand new 2HP-8" Jiffy Stealth turns counter-clockwise! I almost was ready to bring it back when I noticed that the blades were mounted to cut that way. I had always used Strikemaster augers in the past and I know they turn clockwise. I guess the engineers at Jiffy didn't want anyone putting Lazer lower units on their powerheads. (By the way, I love the auger!)

Jiffy/Feldmann Engineering always has ran their gearbox's in that manor. They feel it imposes less wear on the drive that way.

Tecumseh makes Jiffy engines to their exclusive specification, and they have been the engine supplier since Feldmann Engineering invented the power ice drill and began selling it in 1951.

Jiffy still designs and manufactures everything else themselves, including the gearbox, drills, blades and accessories!

That's the reason why they say, "We Put The World on Ice.™"!, it's because they did.

So as I see it, it's the rest of the ice auger world that is kinda backward.

wink.gif

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

[This message has been edited by Ed Carlson (edited 12-26-2003).]

Yep the always spin backward from the others. Like Eddy said they have been doing it like that since 1951. So it wasn't done like that to keep people from putting strikemaster bits on a jiffy because they have been around longer. The steaths are a great auger and I love mine just about the best thing that I bought this past year.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I just received a 2hp 8 inch Jiffy Stealth for Christmas and have a question for anyone that can help. My concern is when I give it gas the auger seems to engage very quickly and almost with a bang. My old model thirty seemed to engage smoothly and work up to full speed. The stealth runs and cuts great, but I'm wondering if the way mine is engaging is going to be hard on the gearbox. Do I need to be concerned or will this get better when it's broke in a bit more.