• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

To bring, or not to bring...across the border to Canada

Sorry if this was already covered and I missed it.........can you bring preserved minnows? I'm pretty sure you can't bring frozen minnows but I was hoping to buy some packages of preserved minnows.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there any restrictions on the number of cigars a guy can take into Canada? I've read that you can have a carton of cigs and a roll of chewing tobacco, but I haven't seen anything on cigars.

I have a dog, and live up here, as many people do, of course. It is a fairly common fungus that dogs get. When I say "common" it wouldn't keep me from bringing Rex, if they love swimming, laying in the boat, etc, as much as my pup.

There's a risk, but not very high.

Last year our group ran out of beer while we were up there and had to run into town to buy another case....which cost $40. That same case of Labatts cost me $18 in the Twin Cities.

I know the rule is one case of beer or 1 litre of booze for each legal adult. My question: I've heard you can bring more booze across the border, but you have to pay the duty on it. Is it worth it?

Boy did they see you coming.

We had a similiar deal happen we were way back in the boonies. Got in our boat and casted all our rods were broke. Next morning ran 4 hrs into town and bought 3 new junk, walmart brand rods for 350 bucks. what do you do, pay the price and go. Better than fishing with your big toe!

Hey Guys, I'm headed to Pickle Lake ON early on Thursday morning. Wondering how much gas can we take across. I'm wanting to fill 3 5 gallon tanks to bring with me up there. Any rule against bringing it across. Also wanted to know if anyone knows of a good spot to buy minnow at on our way. Thanks guys

I don't know what you are talking about Heartman? I have guests bring extra gas up to camp all the time and not one time in the past 10 years of owning my camps has any guest ever to:

(you might have to pay the difference between US and CAN gas prices)?

Please explain what you are talking about.