• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrimpo's

TheJoster

I saw a crappie lure in action at the end of the ice season. I would like to pick it up for early water crappies. It is called a shrimpo. Does anybody know where I can find them. Fleet Farm - not. Local bait stores - not. Guys were catch crappies with shrimpos when nothing else was working.

I know you can order them here at fishing MN. Check out the sponser list. Did you check gander Mountain? I know they had a bunch of them a few weeks ago. Butg I haven't checked lately. Also check out the Ratsos if you find them. They are very much like the shrimpos(same bodies) but a horizontal presentation. They have been my hot crappie lure for ice and open water fishing.

I had great success with the shrimpo and the ratso this year. I am up in Bemidji and picked them up at Gander, and my dad got some at Gander in St.Cloud. One thing to make sure and have is extra tails. If you get into a hot day of fishing, the tails can be ripped off, and many times this year the tail made the difference between fish and no fish. I know they sell just the tails to, in packs of 10 or so. They aren't to expensive. Hope you find some, they are great lures.

I use Shrimpo's alot and I usually get mine at a Gander Mountain. Shrimpo's are also good during the spring because the fish are spawning and the Shrimpo work really well when the crappies are on the beds.