• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ST. LOUIS RIVER ?

I have fished the st. louis river for a couple years now but never make it up till mid to late may. My question is does the walleye season open on teh river on the wisc. opener or do you have to wait till the mn opener as well?

No, that one was caught up on the Rainy River. Like you the ones I've gotten on the St. Louis have been smaller. There was a big one caught in the harbour this winter by a guy that was nearly 6ft long. So there getting bigger in there.

The St.Louis River is as stated opened with the Mn. Opener. Above the 23 Bridge is NOT open until the 19th I believe but check this years regs. I havent checked this years regs yet but thats the usual date. Some rumors are flying that the DNR may set the 23 bridge opening back a few days this year. I doubt it though. I have never seen that. Be careful above water street if you have never gone up that far. Dont do it if you never have before or at least fallow someone who knows what they are doing.

Jay Soderbloom does great prop and lower unit repair at a great price just in case. www.soderbloom.com grin.gif

Say Nlander- Is the Water St. bridge the Hwy 23 or 39 bridge? Do you know if any of the Mn. side bait shops have maps of the river in that area? (23 to the Lake). I'll be fishing the river in that stretch first weekend in June. Never been up there before. Any wisdom much appreciated.

The best bet for maps is Gander, Marine General, Chalstroms or Fishermans Corner. No bait shops in the river area except below the liquor store in Gary. I get my Bait at the Bait Box on Hwy 2 in Superior or Chalstroms.

I have never heard of a Water street bridge. There is the Oliver Bridge and the 23 Bridge up below Jay Cook Park in Fondulac. If you havent fished by the 23 bridge watch others go up and down the Wi. side and go slow. ROCKS! Dont even bother trying to come up the Mn. side!

If ya need more e-mail me at [email protected]

i was planning on going to the st louis river to fish near both high bridges and barkers island area (wisconsin pt.?)on 5/18. i usually have a friend who lets me know when the bite is on in this area but unfortunately he is out of town for a few weeks. are the fish in this area yet or is it too early and we need to go up river? we have never fished up the river further. we usually put in under the old high bridge and work our way up to railroad bridge. should we put in up river more?