• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morning v. Evening fishing

Should the approach be the same or what considerations need to be taken when fishing the two different times? Will the crappies/bluegills be moving to the shallower water in the evening as the sun beats down during the day or do they strickly let the water temps dictate their movement? Thanks.

Andy

earth. what i have seen so far is the mornings lack the activity of the afternoon. i don't see the bait fish shallow til the sun starts to warm the water up some. so far i have only been fishing from shore.not much there in the early mornings.even around rocks. i crappie tom talked about the fish being in the upper levels of water over deep water areas due to the difference in temps. with these warm days and cool/cold nights one may have to do some searching . i have been doing well on small ponds in the eveings. the crappie action hsa been great right before dark.

I fish mornings for a number of reasons reasons.

I don't have the traffic. It is cooler. And I don't have to tolerate the jet heads and waterskiers. Besides, when it is eighty outside, I like it inside with a fan blowing on me.