• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The 2005 Chicago White Sox will........

buzzsaw

Fishyguy,

We have ways in the Windy City to impart injury on the least suspecting, especially to a poor Twinkie arm like Silva. I could tell you how we knocked him out but then I would have to kill you (kidding)!

Gene, Gene, the Cubbie-Loving Machine. I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread and chime in. You're blowing my cover my man. I love "stirrin the pot" and since I haven't heard a peep from a Cub fan (Walleye Diver, that means you) I figured I would beat up on some Twinkie-Eaters. So are you worried about tomorrows double header? I think the last time I saw Wood and Prior going back to back was that championship drive where all the Cubbies had to do was beat up the Fish one out of two games and we all know how that horror story ended....BARTMAN !!!

Just kidding, I know I will be tuning in to see whose arm falls off first, Woodie or Prior (-; Good luck with those Padres! Curt

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep on stirring, Windy. You have so much room to talk now while your ChiSox are in first that you better take advantage of it. But I also know you will be here after they take that dive towards third place.

Hey, you better stop wishing bad on the Cub's starters or it might backfire and they might actually have a good season to prove you wrong. Son't you really, truly, deep-down hope you are wrong so we have at least one winner in Chicago?

-the Cubbie lovin' machine

Quote:

Fishyguy,

We have ways in the Windy City to impart injury on the least suspecting, especially to a poor Twinkie arm like Silva. I could tell you how we knocked him out but then I would have to kill you (kidding)!

Windy,

I don't doubt you a bit. I went to college and played ball with many kids from the South Side and was very happy they were my friends and not my enemies. If that is how you take care of problems down there, didn't you guys get a little carried away with the message being sent to Magglio Ordonez last year?

Fishy,

Maggs went against the family and as Michael told Fredo, "You're my older brother and I love you but don't ever take sides against the family". After Maggs turned down the Sox $75 mil, Kenny Williams told him to "Say hello to my leetle friend". And his knee was toast, two surgeries and it is off to Motown. That's how we handle things on the South side of Chicago, in the baddest part of town. Sox win again!!!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES!

Since you guys are now talking about the cubbies a little I was wondering if any of you ever listen to the games on the radio at 660am. I hear them all the time and I cant stand that Ron Santos guy. You must have to be a hometown fan to like him I guess. He is terrible, the other guy is pretty good but gets brought down when Ron steps on all his calls.

Now for those pesky sox, they keep winning the close ones. Windy, you never said if you are happy you have AJ Pierzynski or not. ff

That Ron Santo guy you are talking about IS Chicago Cubs (even though he played a yr for Windy's ChiSox)- right behind Ernie, with Billy not far behind. I wouldn't want him any other way than to be 100% behind the Cubbies. That would be like wanting Lasorda not to bleed Dodger Blue or taking the pinstripes off Ruth or asking Yaz to root for the Yankees or..........Never mind, I guess half of all disappointments come from misguided expectations. I am not saying you should like him. But when I don't like an announcer, like Harrelson of the ChiSox, I just don't listen.

Man, do I miss the days of Harry and Jimmy.

Gene, I understand what you are saying, if I dont like him than dont listen. On the other hand nothing is beter than crusing down the road on a nice sommer day and listening to a cubs game. I find myself wanting them to win since they usually loose. Having said that, most analysts or sidekicks are bigtime homers. NOt being a diehard cub fan or not being from chicago has a lot to do with it. Santo just buggs me once and a while, nothing more nothing less. ff

Amen to that Geno!

I loved Harry and Jimmy when they were calling the Sox games. I remember once when Harry had a few too many Buds and he was disagreeing with Jimmy and he says, "Jimmy you dont know what you're talking about, your crazy." To which Jimmy responds, " I am not crazy and I have the papers to prove it"! It was a classic line. I have Harry's autograph and it is one of my most treasured. Freindly, I guess my take on AJ is kind of like when the Bulls got the worm. I hated him in Detroit but loved him on the Bulls. He has not shot himself in the foot yet with his mouth. I think with the flack he got in SF he is keeping a pretty low tone and positive attitude. He has the tools and he can hit. As long as he engages brain before engaging mouth I think he will be OK. Later, Curt

Good logic Windy!! We win a pitchers battle and you lose an error filled AAA game to an Oakland team that is a shadow of it's former self! Don't you think you should maybe have won and we should have lost to make a stupid post? Atleast we all know with what mentality we are dealing with..... good thing I have a two year old so I can relate to your thinking... oh wait he makes more sense. grin.gif

oh hey heres some news for you...

Quote:

After repeatedly studying the replay of his error, Dye left out a back exit of the visiting clubhouse without talking to reporters

you guys seeing this same pattern again, seems to occur over and over, somebody mentions whitesox/magic number, in same post and now the sox have lost 2 in row to the A's

hmmm.....

way to blow in the ninth you clowns, kind of ironic for chicago teams today, cubs win with walk off hr in the ninth, sox choke in the 9th again on fly ball

Reason: faulty fielding, lost fly ball in the sun, double play with bases loaded in the 8th, fundamentals.......

Hmmm...a few posts ago, someone was cockin' off about a 2-1 Twins WIN over lowly KC the other nite. Must be OK for the Sox to LOSE 2-1 to Oakland, huh? It is in my book! wink.gif

Oh Woa Is Me,

My beloved Pale Hose are mired in their worst slump of the year, 2. Wow, the Twinks win again, hey, you guys might just sweep that triple A team from KC, but then again so could a decent high school team. Good luck with a real team in the next series. Got to love the Angels!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES!

Windy

PS Guys,

Sorry I was so late in responding, I was busy watching my beloved Bulls go up 2-0 in their playoff series. How are the Timberwolves doing in their playoff series? The way they finished last year, I would expect them to walk through the first few series and face the best team the east has to offer...Wait, you mean they DIDN'T make the playoffs? Never mind!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

A decent high school team could also win 50 games in the Eastern coference. Your Bulls won 47 and were 15 and 15 against the West.

P.S. I didn't expect the Pale Hose annual implosion to start so early this year

It's starting!! Sox are off to a losing streak to bring them back to earth. Twins will do the same thing they've done the past three. Slow and steady wins the race! smile.gif By the way, watching the NBA is worse than watching women's high school tiddly winks.

I've figured Windy out!! He's a moving target! He never fesses up to when he says something that backfires on him, he always changes subjects that would seem to benefit him in a conversation... he's staright one way... he just plain only wants to TAKE credit and NOT give credit!

We should all address him as ONE WAY WINDY!

Hey Buzz,

You are right and I am wrong. I have to start giving some credit. Great game by Santana against a former Pale Hose pitcher. He only gave up two hits. Nice job. Both were homers, of course, but good job in the loss. Mr. "Roid-con" nice job of getting away with the steriod use as long as you did, don't worry, the 10 games will fly by and you won't even be missed. There, I feel much better now that I have given credit where credit is due.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy (aka One Way Windy)