• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable cover problem

wounded minnow

Question

I have a question regarding a repair I need to make on the cover of the portable I just bought. I bought a new "Frabill XLTwin" with a bench seat aprox three weeks ago. I was told it was last year's model. I wanted this model for about four years. It has worked great for the few times I had used it. Yesterday, I was fishing at a "FishingMN gathering", and the person I was with allowed the door to touch the heater. It burned a hole in the fabric and through the zipper on the door. He felt pretty bad about it, and I was trying to hide the sickening feeling that was developing in my stomach. I think there should be a "Velcro" patch on the bottom of the door as well as on the top.(just a suggestion) I was wondering if anyone knows if solutions to this problem are available. Is it possible to obtain a replacement cover, or a replacement front piece which could be stitched onto the old cover? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Chris

[This message has been edited by wounded minnow (edited 12-21-2003).]

7 answers to this question

Take the cover off and have a new zipper sewn in. If they can find a match to the original zipper they'll just replace the zipper on the door. While your at it have them put that Velcro patch on the door and cover. Call around and you should be able to find a shop that will do this for you.