• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishTrap Guide Questions

BassPatrol

Question

I just recently purchased a new FishTrap Guide (still in box), but I am concerned about the storage under the seats.

I have a question for FishTrap Guide owners:

1. How do you store your power auger while in tow?

2. Does the shallow tub provide sufficient storage space for all of your gear?

3. Should I buy and install the hyfax runners now or wait?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

-Lee (BassPatrol)

8 answers to this question

My auger fits in the tub perfectly. Slide the chair rail either all the way back or all the way forward and you have ample room for your auger ,tackle, cooler,shovel etc. I would defenitely put the runners on now or just use an old pair of skiis like I did. Its a lot cheaper than the Hy-fax. Don't forget your LX-3!
Dan DAN

------------------

Dan is refering to the "old" style of Guide. In the new one, they changed (screwed up) the seating style, and put 2 side by side. I'll never know why........

I've been told you can actually make it fit in the sled, but serious jockeying is needed to do so.

Or, just put a cover on it when it's folded up, and rest it on top.

Screwed up is right Irvingdog. I am sure glad I bought mine last year or I would be looking at a different brand, maybe the eskimo.
I bought mine just for the simple fact that I could put my auger down in the sled. I was going to buy the pro but thats why I changed my mind and went with the guide.
I think the whole reason they changed it was because of the Genz way of mounting his aqua-view between his legs.
Dave

Im with you guys the new seating seems to take up way to much room. I bought last years used and Im glad I was able to find one in the shape I did. Thanks Pete!
As far as Hyfax put them on ASAP and save yourself the grief of doing it after you put the poles and canvas on. Storage isnt a problem with last years but this years has much less usable room.

Thanks for all the info. I will purchase and install the hyfax runners before I use it. I did think about returning it due to the storage space dilemna on the Guide and buy the Eskimo Quick Flip II. The only thing that held me back was the weight issue with the Guide weighing only 62 lbs. versus the Quick Flip II at 88 ilbs. I usually fish alone, so I think I'm going to stick with the Guide, unless there are any other good alternatives for under $300 for a two man filp over house.

Thanks again,
-Lee (BassPatrol)

[This message has been edited by BassPatrol (edited 12-22-2003).]

I was hesitant in buying the guide because of the new seating system but did anyway because I liked the light weight. After using it, it is great. The new seats and seat system are well worth the hassle of strategic storage as I call it.

Hi there BassP. If you are interested, I have some runner strips left that I'm selling in the under $150 forum. A bunch of us went in and bought a pile of these strips to make runners for our Otters to save some money. I'm asking $1/foot and it looks like your sled should only take about 10 feet, but I'm not sure. E-mail me at [email protected] if interested. I live in Blaine and work in DT Mpls. Thanks.

Ed