• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FISH HOUSE CUSHIONS

Fish- N- Hunt

Question

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF COMPLETING A FISH HOUSE THAT I CONSTRUCTED THIS YEAR. I HAVE A WRAP-AROUND BOOTH IN IT THAT I NEED SOME CUSTOM CUSHIONS MADE. I WANT SOME DECSENT CUSHIONS MADE, BUT DON'T WANT TO SPEND A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS/INFO ON WHERE I COULD HAVE THEM MADE?
ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

THANKS

Fish- N- Hunt

3 answers to this question

From what I have found, there is no real cheap way to do this. One thing I thought of was if you've got an old sleeper couch you could use the mattress and/or cushions. Cut to size and staple fabric around it to your benches. Otherwise foam cushions run around $30-40 per 2x6 foot piece. That doesn't even include the fabric. My search for a couch came up empty so I ended up using a triple layer of carpet padding with fabric stapled to the benches. Not nearly as cushy as I would have liked but I've been on much worse fish house benches. Carpet padding is very durable and is much cheaper than most other types of pads I've looked at. I was able to pad a full 4 x 6.5 foot sleeper bench for $17 from sections I found in the remnant area of Menards.