• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions: Eskimo Quickflip vs. Glacier

iland99

Question

I'm looking at buying a new flip-style portable in the next week or so, and have it pretty much narrowed down to either the Quickflip II or the 2-man Glacier. The Glacier has the price (and weight) advantage, but the drawback is I haven't seen any of them in stores. I kinda like to kick the tires before I buy something. I like the Quickflip, seems to be very roomy, nice little features, high quality, and the price is excellent. I guess my question would be: Which would you buy, and why??

9 answers to this question

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Personally I would get the Eskimo Quick Flip. High quality unit, priced right and tough as nails. I should mention, it is very roomy.

If I was pulling by hand a lot or loading into a vehicle by myself consistently, then a Glacier would be the way to go. Another well built unit and it has it's ploace.

The Glacier is especially nice where the ice fishing season is shorter than Northern Minnesota.

You can see the Glacier Portable Fish Houses by CLICKING HERE.

You can see the You can see the Eskimo Portable Fish Houses by CLICKING HERE.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Yes Northlander,
of course YOU would. You're 6" 10" and I'd say the Eskimo is one of the FEW houses you would fit into. smile.gif

Rick,

Yeah, I'd actually "looked" at them before looking at the Eskimo (looked at them online). If I could have found them for sale in a store I might have ended up going with the Glacier instead. I never saw one in stores though. I like to kick the tires before I buy something.

In case you haven't got your new shelter yet,I have the Glacier 2, and yes it is very lite and easy to transport and a breeze to set up, it is a little shorter than expected makes you have to kinda duck to get in and out, but the best thing about it is the fabric, it is good and thick and seems very sturdy. I did have to add an additional ridge pole for extra stability in windy weather plus it keeps my gloves and hat off the ground. I did put those black mats that are for aching backs and come in 2' x 2' squares, 2 of them fit perfectly, this keeps my chair stable if not my chair slips and slides on the flooring.

I still need to find a way to tie it down though since the wind has a tendency to blow it around if i am not loading it down

Hope this help

------------------
FISH OR GO HOME